cinnamon pine cones
I know, I know, you can go to Michael’s and pay $4 for a bag of scented pine cones. BUT! You’ll miss out on all the fun of going on a nature walk with your kids to find just the right pine cones for the holiday season. Trust me on this!
1) Bundle-up the kids and go on a nature walk, gathering pine cones of all sizes.
2) Rinse pinecones in large sink or tub to get the grodies off.
3) Spread on cookie sheet or pile in a roasting pan.
4) Bake at 225 for 20-30 minutes. This will dry out the cones, open them up a bit, and rid of any leftover grodies.
5) Put pine cones in garbage bag and sprinkle with cinnamon-scented fragrance oil (I used Bath & Body Works, got it on sale)
6) Tie bag closed. Shake & turn gently, let sit for a few days, shaking and turning a couple times a day.
7) Spread around your house for the holidays (decorations, ornaments, centerpieces, etc) and enjoy the scents of the season!